End of March, 15 days left
So Dad and I have been working on the car pretty much all day, and last night as well.
Last night we got a clutch line assembled and installed into the car, along with bleeding the system. We tried to get the rebuilt brake MC installed but we were unable to properly bench bleed it. Today I called Carquest and they've ordered another one which should be here Tuesday.
Today we did a few things. We dropped off the Pulley and 36-1 wheel for the EDIS system at Tuxedo Park Racing. Steven is going to get the wheel mounted to the pulley. We also ran around getting other parts. We got some aluminum to fabricate blockoff plates for the various items we'll be removing from the motor, distributor, EGR valve, etc.
We removed the Air Inlet Pipe, running from the Turbo to the Throttle Body as the grommet there looked to be torn. Removing it we found that to be the case, as well as that it appears to not be formed properly, possibly abused by a previous owner.
I took the angle grinder to the car as well removing from rust from in front of the rear driver's side wheel. I then, for the first time in my life, applied Bondo to try to cover some of the holes left behind by the rust. I'm going to sand it down tomorrow and try to spray it with primer to to keep some of the rust from forming again.
Dad ran new fuel lines for most of the rubber lines. We also bought some hardware to fabricate the throttle controls as the linkage from the parts car and this car don't quite match up together.
Tomorrow I'm going to work on the floors and see what I rust I can remove and cover them up with a fresh coat of paint. More photos posted on the Photos page!